With more and more software applications hosted in the cloud, it is essential that your quality strategy is able to identify the right approach, objectives and solution to ensure any complex challenges such as connectivity, data, latency or security are planned for.
These challenges can pose a high-risk factor for organisations and ultimately the chance of failure and could have a direct and immediate impact on the organisation. So, with these challenges in mind, Quality Assurance (QA) across your cloud adoption approach is vital to ensure that your migration is fully managed via strategies, plans and governance.
Perhaps more than any other aspect of managing IT, cloud services are increasingly a key element of the Transformation ‘journey’ that organisations are undertaking. As part of this journey, organisations work with many good providers, consultants and technical experts that can support the deployment. However, there may not always be a consistent and objective focus of all the associated risks throughout the entire process. Often organisations are relying on people with an incentive to deliver their part of the Cloud services effectively, but who may not necessarily be aligned to the overall quality outcomes of the organisation. This can lead to quality gaps within the overall process.
So, how can you think about reducing risk and increasing quality throughout your cloud journey?
- Planning for overall QA from the start is key to ensure governance of your journey
- Extended or unplanned downtime and the potential loss of data are the main risks to be aware of and planned for when systems are being migrated
- Cloud systems can bring huge benefits to an organisation but can also have an adverse impact on your reputation, revenue and costs if system performance is degraded and user satisfaction is impacted
- The final aspect of mitigating cloud risk is simply having regular review processes in place
At Qual IT our approach can help to establish a QA mechanism that identifies, manages, monitors and measures the risks associated with the adoption of a cloud computing solution to ensure the least problematic deployment for an organisation. As part of a continuous improvement approach, we deploy the right teams and individuals to ensure frequent, independent and objective evaluations that drive system effectiveness and deliver the desired customer value.
Having a focused eye on quality throughout the process is critical to minimising turbulence on the journey. Qual IT can help reduce the risk of failure by:
- Embedding QA in the process and asking the right questions of the project to identify the correct outcomes for your Cloud journey
- Providing a “Fit for Purpose” QA and governance framework to enforce quality outcomes
- Assessing the business requirements to identify any gaps between organisational needs and solution capabilities
- Minimising risk by retaining a focus on risk management and development of appropriate mitigation strategies that deliver the desired project outcomes
- Evaluating the key deliverables of your cloud journey and offering actionable recommendations to ensure those deliverables are achieved
Get in touch today and allow Qual IT to help ensure your migration to cloud services meets the expectations of your organisation both now and in the future.