Infrastructure Test Consultant
Thursday 27 July 2017Back to Vacancies
Someone with your passion for IT and Customer Service belongs at Qual IT. You'll be in your element here – and that's due to your unwavering passion for your craft. You're an IT Infrastructure Technical Lead or a Test Manager with a Technical Engineering background who thrives on providing best practice advice and consulting on projects to deliver winning solutions for clients. And we think that's awesome. So if you can see yourself settling into a business that's as enthusiastic about IT as you are, well then, this is the place for you.
We're looking for a Test Consultant to join our rapidly growing organisation in the Wellington Infrastructure team. Our Infrastructure testing service provides our clients with reassurance that their production environment has been built to specification, meets business needs, and gives confidence that IT systems and services are still going to be working at deployment time.
This is a fantastic opportunity to use your existing knowledge of IT infrastructure and quality assurance practices to assist a variety of different clients with their infrastructure change, implementation and/or compliance projects. You'll be working and consulting on projects such as desktop and OS upgrades, server migration and virtualization, Exchange upgrades, data centre migration, user provisioning, and DR and failover solutions.
Ideally you will have skills and experience in the following:
- The equivalent of 5-8 year's experience as a Technical / Client or Project lead where Infrastructure based changes have been subject to quality assurance practices
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity experience
- A sound understanding of networks / network topology, VOIP
- Security Suites e.g. Symantec, McAfee, CA, NOD and a working knowledge of security principles would be advantageous
- Other underpinning infrastructure e.g. Active Directory, WSUS, Group Policy, WMI, SCOM, SCCM, San, Nas, Citrix, Xenapps,VMWare, Clustering.
- Project Management and ITIL
- Test Management - including (Analysis, Design, Execution, Reporting)
- A strong customer focus and excellent communication skills with the ability to build solid business relationships
A mix of test design, validation and consulting, the key responsibilities of this role are to:
- Interpret high level / detailed design documents and map functional elements to test planning
- Create test strategies, plans and/or approaches for all test methodologies
- Provide test management for clients throughout test lifecycles
- Support and mentor junior and intermediate testers within Qual IT, and on occasions nominated clients
- Assist/Prepare and deliver Proposals and Statement of Work documents for Infrastructure Consulting and Testing activities / offerings (including estimations)
Why Join Us?
Qual IT is the "Place of Choice" for test professionals to work. We have a great culture, encourage a healthy work-life balance, and provide you with loads of support and world-class professional development. You'll not only be joining a team of talented people who are as passionate about IT as you, but you'll also get access to our structured career development framework, and a Portfolio Manager to foster and advance your career. Add to that; a competitive salary, a smart phone, medical insurance, and discounted banking arrangements.
If you want to work with a great company who can offer you all of the above and more, send us your CV and a brief cover letter now.