Portfolio Test Manager
Friday 4 August 2017Back to Vacancies
As a Portfolio Test Manager within Qual IT's Christchurch team, you'll have responsibility for the management and development of our permanent testing team. You'll also support the delivery of our services to clients by providing account management.
You'll use your expert testing knowledge and experience to guide and mentor members of our permanent team on their client projects. This will include providing them with pragmatic solutions and practical advice to ensure the success of our client's IT projects.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Management of a portfolio of clients including building relationships and account management activities.
- Accountability for testing initiatives on a day to day basis to ensure best possible outcomes are achieved
- Leadership and mentoring of our Christchurch based consultants
- Managing performance, giving feedback, and development of professional development plans.
- Resource planning to ensure clients are supplied with appropriately skilled resources.
Our ideal candidate will have most or all of the following:
- At least 8 years testing experience
- Expert level knowledge of the SDLC and supporting test phases and types
- Experienced in a variety of project, test management and defect management tools
- Experienced in creation of test related documentation from test cases through to test summary reports, test plans and test strategies
- Experienced at managing teams of test related roles including day-to-day task management and co-ordination of activities within a project environment
- Experienced at coaching, mentoring and developing staff
- Client and account management experience preferably in a multi-site, multi-discipline environment
- Experienced in pipeline planning and activity management
- Good knowledge of business analysis practices, tools and techniques (desirable but not essential)
Who Are Qual IT?
Qual IT is New Zealand's largest testing and quality assurance consultancy. We provide open, honest, no surprises independent testing, business analysis, consulting and quality assurance services to a wide range of clients across the Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch regions. Our focus is to partner with our clients to understand their needs and help them put in place the right resourcing, training or service solutions to meet their unique requirements.
Why Join Us?
Qual IT is the "Place of Choice" for test professionals to work, so you'll be joining a team of talented people who are as passionate about testing as you are. We have a great culture, encourage a healthy work-life balance, and provide you with loads of support and world-class professional development. Add to that; a competitive salary, a smart phone, medical insurance and discounted banking arrangements.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter.
While we would like to consider all candidates, only those who have a work permit, or have submitted their application for one, will be considered for our roles. Please ensure, if you are overseas, that you refer to your visa status in your cover letter.