Thursday 1 February 2018Back to Vacancies
We're Ready to meet your challenge with a qualified, capable team accustomed to working on large and complex IT projects. We're Ready to listen to your needs and design a solution to fit when it's needed. And ready to work constructively and openly, focussed on delivering the right outcome.
Qual IT is looking to hire an experienced Quality Consultant based at our Auckland office with a good grounding in quality assurance and testing to work as part of its growing team.
The role will require you to work with our diverse clients consulting on their ongoing QA processes, standards and test tools. Responsibilities include test leadership and coordination of some complex projects, or multiple projects of small to medium complexity.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership abilities, SDLC experience, test process improvement / test capability implementation, resource management skills, presentation skills, and strong communication skills. The candidate must embody a continuous improvement mindset and demonstrate meaningful contributions in prior work.
Technical and Business Requirements
- A comprehensive knowledge and practical hands-on experience of the latest test methodologies for waterfall and agile development approaches
- Plan, design and execute testing programs
- Assist with reviewing and optimising testing processes
- Ability to problem solve without direct supervision
- A good understanding of technologies and test tools knowledge
Communication and Team Skills
- Ability to lead and manage teams
- Ability to produce quality results and thrive under testing schedule pressure and deadlines
- Previous experience of building quality assurance teams
- Possess good interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to peers and able to receive feedback in a healthy and constructive manner
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable when dealing with change
- Good analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Prior Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years in Test Management/ Senior Quality Consultant roles
- Ideally has worked in the consultancy environment
Qual IT's aim is to continue to grow as the best provider of independent testing and assurance services throughout New Zealand with an emphasis on building a renowned culture and being the place of choice for test and assurance professionals to work.
We strive to be thought leaders, not industry followers and always stay abreast of the latest products, methods and technology so you don't have to.
Why not join us…
Email your CV and a cover letter supplying evidence of your suitability for the role, as outlined in the advertisement.