Senior Automation Test Engineer
Monday 31 July 2017Back to Vacancies
We're looking for a Senior Automation Test Engineer to join our Wellington team. You'll be joining a team of over 200 testing and quality assurance professionals who can support, grow and challenge you. You'll work onsite with our clients as a professional testing consultant. And you'll get to experience a wide variety of different projects, industries and technology.
As a Qual IT Senior Test Engineer, you'll need to have a solid understanding of automation testing techniques and a minimum of four years’ experience using open source/propriety tool sets, including implementing automation test frameworks.
What will I do?
- Enhance existing client automation frameworks
- Develop automation frameworks – from Proof of Concept through to full implementation
- Provide test management and leadership for clients throughout automation test lifecycles
- Prepare and deliver proposals for Automation Consulting and testing activities/offerings including estimations
Ideally, your technical skillset will include most of the following:
- At least 4 years' experience as an Automation Tester across multiple sectors
- Application automation across web, mobile, API and desktop
- Experience with a range of automation tools/frameworks e.g. Selenium, Test Complete, HP UFT, Soap UI
- Experience coding/scripting with C#, Java, JScript, Ruby, Python VB.Net, Groovy or Cucumber
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Automation frameworks and the desirable attributes of these frameworks
- Experience with performance testing would be advantageous
What it means to be a Qual IT Test Engineer:
Qual IT is in the business of providing open, honest, no surprises testing solutions to our clients. As a consultant for Qual IT, you'll need to be able to come up to speed at a new client site quickly. You'll use your outstanding communication and people skills to liaise, negotiate and collaborate with project stakeholders independently. You'll be proactive, with strong initiative to seek out and thoroughly gather requirements and information to ensure you are providing and delivering the best possible solution.
Who are Qual IT?
Qual IT is the "Tester's Testing Business". We're owned and run by Testers, and we're New Zealand's largest testing consultancy. We provide independent testing, business analysis and quality assurance services to a wide range of organisations across Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Our client portfolio is extensive and covers industries including government, health, utilities, insurance, banking, transport, education and more.
Why work for us?
You'll be joining a team of people who are as passionate about testing as you are. You'll also enjoy a diverse and interesting career. We're dedicated to growing and challenging our people. You could move into a Test Lead or Test Manager role, or cross over into Performance and Automation testing. We've got the tools, training and mentors to get you there with our world class Capability Framework.
At Qual IT, we really value and support our staff. You can look forward to a competitive salary, a smartphone, medical insurance, and discounted banking arrangements.
If you want to work with a great company who can offer you all of the above and more, send us your CV and brief cover letter now.