Senior Business Analyst - Is this your User Story?
Wednesday 30 May 2018Back to Vacancies
Is this your User Story?
As a Senior Business Analyst, I want to work on a variety of the coolest and latest cutting edge technology or business projects, so that I am motivated to do the best work I can, be proud of the way I'm doing it and who I'm doing it for.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our Wellington permanent team. Ideally you're a strong "all rounder" who can adapt to different projects and environments. You'll work for a variety of customers on a diverse range of projects. We are methodology and tool agnostic so you will be exposed to a broad range of new opportunities. You could be working in a traditional waterfall environment, or as part of an Agile SCRUM team – using many, if not all of your business analysis techniques. Many of our people join us not only for the variety but also to develop their consulting skills. You'll be a trusted advisor, drawing on your breadth of experience to provide advice and guidance to our customers.
And you'll love our Capability Framework. We have regular in-house mentoring and learning opportunities and formally recognise practical experience and skills.
Specifically, we're looking for candidates who are:
- proven to be committed to solving business problems wherever they occur in the business
- adaptable to the various processes used in organisations to arrive at the successful delivery of the investment benefits and organisational objectives
- demonstrated leaders through influence, facilitation and communication
- unashamedly business oriented – talking comfortably with the business executive, management and finance team, operational end users and with the technical project team
- the keeper of the requirements –are they communicated, understood, designed, built, tested, still relevant, managed and maintained?
- knowledgeable about business models, finances and investment and procurement
- goal oriented – are we achieving the right goal, on target, advancing towards it and monitoring if we are there yet?
What it means to be a Qual IT Business Analyst:
Qual IT is in the business of providing high quality business analysts who are innovative thinkers to our clients. You'll mostly be working onsite with our clients as a professional business analyst representing Qual IT. And that means you need to be confident in your ability to be pragmatic, ask the right questions and raise risks with the right people. You need to be able to "talk the business analyst talk", while also being customer and solution focused, with outstanding communication skills and the ability to quickly build solid business relationships.
Why work for us?
In addition to joining a team of people who are as passionate about the work they do as you are, you'll enjoy a diverse and interesting career. We're dedicated to growing and challenging our people - be it moving into a Lead Business Analyst or an Analyst Tester role or crossing over into Consultancy Services. We've got the tools, training and mentors to get you there with our world class Capability Framework.
At Qual IT, we know we're only as good as the people that work for us, so we really value and support our staff. You can look forward to a competitive salary, a smartphone, medical insurance, and discounted banking arrangements.
If you want to work with a great company who can offer you all of the above and more, send us your CV and brief cover letter now.
While we would like to consider all candidates, only those who have a work permit, or have submitted their application for one, will be considered for our roles. If you are overseas, please ensure that you refer to your visa status in your cover letter.