Senior Test Engineer - Performance & Automation
Friday 1 December 2017Back to Vacancies
We're looking for someone with a solid understanding of performance and automation testing techniques and a minimum of four years experience using open source/propriety tool sets. Ideally you will also have experience implementing performance and automation test frameworks.
You will have demonstrated skills and experience in creating performance test plans and automation test approaches for a range of project methodologies. You will ideally have the ability to provide test management and leadership for clients throughout both performance and automation test lifecycles.
As a consultant for Qual IT, you'll need to be able to come up to speed at a new client site quickly and use your outstanding communication and people skills to liaise, negotiate and collaborate with project stakeholders independently and mentor other Testers. You must be proactive in your interactions with clients and take initiative to seek out and thoroughly gather requirements and information to ensure you are providing and delivering the best possible solution.
Your technical skillset will include:
- Strong independent commercial experience with industry recognised toolsets such as Neoload, LoadRunner, Silk Performer, JMeter, Quick Test Pro (UFT), Test Complete or Selenium
- Experience coding with C#, Java, Python or VB.Net
- Understanding of the load test environment and common application architecture (web-apps, thick client, service orientated architecture)
- Ability to code advanced performance and automation test scripts
- Knowledge of web page composition (static vs. dynamic elements, browser behaviour, etc.)
- Knowledge of Automation frameworks and the desirable attributes of these frameworks
- Awareness of industry performance and automation standards
- Knowledge of SoapUI, Quality Centre/ALM and JIRA would be advantageous.
Who Are Qual IT?
Qual IT is the "Tester's Testing Business". We're owned and run by Testers, and we're New Zealand's largest independently owned testing consultancy. For you, that's a mix that means working with like-minded passionate professionals while developing your career by working on a variety of the coolest and cutting edge technology projects with our many clients. Our client base is varied and covers industries including Utilities, Insurance, Health, Banking, Government, Transport, Education and more.
Why Join Us?
Qual IT is the "Place of Choice" for test professionals to work. We have a great culture, encourage a healthy work-life balance, and provide you with loads of support and world-class professional development. You'll not only be joining a team of talented people who are as passionate about testing as you, but you'll also get access to range of diverse and interesting projects with a variety of clients and industries that will grow and challenge you. Add to that; a competitive salary, a smart phone, medical insurance and discounted banking arrangements.
If you want to work with a great company who can offer you all of the above and more, send us your CV and brief cover letter now.